Opportunities Share and find industry and region specific opportunities What's On Search current events in your region Directory Search for creatives in your region
Job Opportunity: Finance Manager position at FORM
23rd of August, 2012
Posted by: FORM
Creative Types: Visual Arts
FORM is seeking a full-time Finance Manager to head up its accounts area and manage the finances of this dynamic not-for-profit organisation. The role will support FORM's operations across its offices in Perth, Midland and Port Hedland, and its diverse business activities spanning partnerships, retail, gallery, commissions, programs supported by project-based funding, and infrastructure projects.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing strategic direction for the organisation on optimal management of financial resources.
- Managing the organisation's finances and accounts.
- Managing the small accounts team, which currently consists of a Bookkeeper who supports this role.
- Managing all organisational and project audits, financial reporting, budgets and communication of financials to the executive team and Board.
- Liaising with stakeholders, creditors and suppliers.
- Working with team members and project managers to develop and manage project budgets.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in finance or business management, accounting or other related qualifications.
- Ability to manage finances across diverse operations and project types
- Experience providing strategic financial management.
- Experience managing organisational and project budgets.
- Ability to communicate and report financial matters effectively.
- Experience managing a small team and liaising with external personnel.
- Experience tracking the Trial Balances on a monthly basis to avoid pressure points.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and shifting schedules.
- Ability to work efficiently in a small, dynamic and fast paced, collaborative team.
- Ability to think laterally, strategically and creatively.
- High level computer skills, with proficiency in the use of general office Microsoft programs, advanced knowledge of Excel and proficiency in MYOB Premier.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy, combined with ability to contribute to broader strategy.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Membership to a professional accoutancy body in Australia.
- At least ten years experience in a similar role would be viewed favourably.
- Advanced use of Excel including VBA and VBE.
- Experience in the use of and generating relevant reports from MYOB Retail Manager is highly desirable.
This is a full time position. The salary offered will depend on the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
FORM is an independent not-for-profit cultural organisation which works to develop and leverage creativity as a catalyst for cultural development and community transformation. The organisation's work to build a state of creativity spans artistic development and presentation, research, cultural community engagement, Indigenous creative development, infrastructure projects, and workshops, retail and gallery operations.
FORM is based in Perth with a gallery and head office on Murray Street, and additional offices in Midland (Midland Atelier) and Port Hedland (Port Hedland Courthouse Gallery).
We focus on addressing the overarching conditions for creativity, and in relation to this, the value of creativity, cultural identity and design to the wellbeing and prosperity of a region. Every program we design and deliver is premised on catalysing collective change at an environmental (community) level.
Please email your CV and a covering letter to Carol Ingley, Finance Manager, FORM (email@example.com). Applications must address the required skills and competencies.
357 Murray Street, Perth, WA, 6000
T 08 9226 2799